View Profile TheJawns

1 Movie Review

As a non-brony, i can safely say: This is fucking genious! The animations are fucking amazing, and the humour is spot on! I can't believe it's only a call for voice actors. I can't wait for the final product (you HAVE to finnish this!).

BTW, Catfood's voice acting is fucking great as well, you should almost keep him in there!

18 Audio Reviews

Amazing stuff once again. Got nothing really to comment on. And I mean that in the most positive way.

Bertn1991 responds:

Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed it overall.

Great composition, however the rhythm is as tight as it could have been. Also I'm not a huge fan of the drumset. I feel like the kick drum might be a bit too loud.

sebastien01 responds:

Hey thanks for the review! I turned up the drums volume just before I upload this song because it was not present enough :) Maybe I should have reduced low freq too. Anyways, glad you liked it!

This was very nice in a lot of ways. It was definitely very pleasant to listen to.

However there is a few things I think could be improved:
The transition around 0:20 seems a bit messy, with the different bpm's and sudden change in instruments. That might have been what you were aiming for, but it's a bit much in my opinion.

0:49 the drums in the build up are pretty energetic, but at 0:57 the drums go into a slower beat, which sounds really weird. It's like the drums didn't build up to anything. It's not really anti-climactic, but it's just rather bland.

Small complaint, but the song sounds a bit repetitive to me. Though, since this is for the background of a videogame (i assume) it's not really a problem.

2:13 this change is also very sudden, a bit too sudden I feel like.

3:01 onward: there's a lot of dissonance here between the strings and the piano here, that doesn't really work here.

3:17 again a lot of dissonance here, however it works very well here, since it's part of a massive buildup. Just for comparison.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful!

MysteriousPresence responds:

Thanks a lot for the review ! =3
0:20 was on purpose, but I think I just made an ugly transition here ! X)
I noticed the weirdness at 0:49 but it never bothered me, I don't know why ! But I won't do that again ! X)
It's meant to be the menu theme ! :)
2:13 I should have add more buildup, thanks for making me know ! :3